EDUCATION PROGRAM SPECIALIST
|Department||LABOR Workforce Dev - Adult Ed & Literacy Program|
|Date Opened||10/5/2022 1:47:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/19/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$71,142.00 - $92,785.00 (With Potential Growth to $114,441.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Brittany Small|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Designs and delivers a professional development program in response to program and staff needs assessments, experiences and interests, job requirements, informal conversations, identified federal, state or local requirements, research, and community resources.
- Consults with AELS leadership to identify data elements needed and promotes clear procedures for collecting, documenting, and reporting data.
- Collaborates with the AELS Branch Chief and other AELS leadership staff to identify program goals and develop professional development plans.
- Manages program and fiscal responsibility for AELS consolidated grants.
- Contributes to short and long-range AELS initiatives.
Education: A master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of teaching or administrative staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment, analysis, evaluation, creativity and consultation directed to developing management policies and general business in or affiliated with an education program.
1. A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and
completion of 36 credit hours at an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required education.
2. Six years of teaching or performing administrative staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment, analysis, evaluation, creativity and consultation directed to developing management policies and general business in or affiliated with an education program may be substituted for the required education.
3. A doctorate may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Education Program classifications or Education Program specialty codes in the Education field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.