MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SENIOR
|Department||DPSCS Police and Correctional Training Commissions|
|Date Opened||2/25/2021 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/12/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$31,224.00 - $48,747.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Miller|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MPCTC Support Services
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, MD 21784
Performs general maintenance repairs, services to maintain the building and grounds of the Public Safety Education and Training Center.
- Completes general maintenance and housekeeping assignments throughout the Center as needed.
- Troubleshoot and solve minor maintenance issues.
- Performs basic repairs including, but not limited to, plumbing, minor electrical, lighting and painting.
- Completes work assignments for moving/rearranging furniture and equipment as requested by facility management personnel.
- Operates manual, electric or electronic tools and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Eighth grade.
Experience: Four years of experience in any combination of the maintenance trades, three years must be in the trades of electricity, plumbing, steam fitting, refrigeration or air conditioning.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in any of the maintenance trades on a year-for-year basis for up to three years of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute the possession of a degree from an accredited vocational or technical high school with a major in Building Maintenance or a related field for up to three years of the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in utilities repair classifications or construction and engineering specialty codes in any combination of maintenance trades, on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 410-484-5929. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload, please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5929 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or 410-767-4850.
ATTN: Jacqueline Miller
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.