Business Services Coordinator
Procurement and Contract Management Division
|Department||MSDE - Office of the State Superintendent|
|Date Opened||2/14/2022 2:40:00 PM|
|Salary||$58,441.00 - $95,703.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Christopher King|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
This is a Management Service position and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
LOCATION OF POSITION
200 West Baltimore Street. Baltimore, MD 21201
Main Purpose of Job
- Work under the direction of assigned Business Services Partner in the Procurement and Contract Management Division to coordinate the planning and execution of all essential procurement and contracting processes and practices ·
- Develops and maintains a department-wide purchasing and contract management operations manual to be used by MSDE divisional leaders and program staff·
- Facilitates the evaluation process for bids and proposals to determine if they are responsive to the solicitation·
- Monitor procurement and contract management tracking and database metrics to support continuous improvement decisions·
- Tracks procurement and contract issues and concerns and maintains open communication with stakeholders
- Provides technical support for online procurement and contract management systems and webpages.
- Deploy MSDE selection resources and processes to ensure assigned division leaders have the information needed to set smart, strategic, and equitable procurement and contract management goals
- Keep abreast of technical, legislative, and professional trends and developments affecting procurement and contract management programs.
- Candidates may substitute additional professional or paraprofessional contract management or procurement experience on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
- Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute the following written certifications obtained through passing an examination for the required education: Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Purchasing Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers).
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting and Industrial Management classifications or Contracting and Industrial Management specialty codes in the Procurement field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with State of Maryland Procurement laws, regulations, policies, application and software
- Contract Management Experience
- Experience organizing, tracking, and being responsible for contract documents
- Experience communicating with stakeholders, vendors, and internal partners regarding upholding and adhering to tenets of contracts
- Certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services or willingness to complete the Procurement Professional Certification within one year of appointment.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|