ADMINISTRATIVE PROGRAM MANAGER IV
Manager, Small Business Programs
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||8/5/2021 12:01:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/6/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,280/yr - $91,605/yr with potential up to $112,848/yr|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Working with the director of policy and plan management, understand current policy as it relates to the small business market in Maryland and assist in developing new policy as warranted.
- With stakeholder input lead agency efforts to analyze and evaluate small business health market needs for the continued development and maintenance of a robust marketplace for small businesses in Maryland.
- Using a data driven approach, develop strategies and efforts to maximize the use of Maryland Health Connection (MHC) as the place of choice for small business employer and employee health insurance.
- Lead the Small business health advisory committee (SHAC)
- Implement policies, processes, standards, and procedures to support small business programs at MHBE.
- As the subject matter expert, provide business requirements and oversight for the design, development, implementation, testing, and ongoing improvements for the small business marketplace on MHC.
- Establish metrics and reporting to demonstrate the success of the small business marketplace.
- Execute solicitation, successful onboarding, and continued service delivery of a billing services vendor.
- Provide input to the Director of Marketing and digital strategy for marketing and outreach campaign strategies to increase small business participation in Maryland Health Connection for Small Business.
- Determine ongoing staffing needs for the small business program.
- Responsible for building key alliances with small business stakeholder groups, producers, and health plans.
- Meets regularly with small business owners around the State to understand small business needs and recruit for enrollment through Maryland Health Connection for small business.
- Establishes small business recruitment strategy and creates annual recruitment plan consistent with the strategic goals of the agency.
- Achieves satisfactory enrollment levels for Maryland Health Connection for small business programs in relation to target customer segments served.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Five or more years of experience in the Maryland small business insurance community, including working with small businesses, health insurers, producers, small business stakeholder groups, and other interested parties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the policy issues associated with the small business health insurance market and the need for coverage for the small business sector.
- Two or more years of experience in business/product/network development.
- Significant working knowledge of QSHERAs, ICHRAs, HRAs, HSAs, FSAs, and/or Section 125 plans.
- One or more years of experience with direct staff oversight and management. Skills and expertise in providing leadership in a managerial capacity and in providing leadership in a team-based environment, and ability to supervise, mentor, motivate, appraise, and work with subordinate staff.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.