TREASURY SPECIALIST VII
Deputy Director of Fiscal Services
|Date Opened||6/15/2021 5:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/31/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$70,280.00 - $112,848.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Michele Reid|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This is a Management Service position, and serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
- directs daily accounting operations
- manages fiscal year end closeout
- assists with agency budget submission
- oversees and performs general accounting and fiscal services for State Treasurer's Office
- oversees and performs general accounting and fiscal services for Statewide programs managed by the State Treasurer's Office
- manages the statewide CMIA (Cash Management Improvement Act) Program in accordance with federal guidelines
- manages agency payroll processing
- reviews audit reports, drafts audit responses, and implements corrective plans
- develops, implements and manages accounting policies and procedures
- supervises two subordinates
The ideal Candidate will have:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business, Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university
- Five (5) years of general accounting experience with three (3) years of experience performing advanced level full scale accounting functions that encompass all areas of accounting including accounts payable and accounts receivable processing, account reconciliations, payroll processing, financial statement preparation, forecasting and budget analysis.
- Two (2) years of experience supervising subordinate direct-reporting staff including assignment and review of work, performance evaluation, time and leave approval, training, and experience working with Human Resources
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates with the following will be given additional consideration:
- State of Maryland accounting, fiscal and management experience
- Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to clearly and concisely present financial data and use technical or professional language to communicate complex ideas.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
- Experience working with Dynamics 365 F&O module (specifically the finance applications)
- Experience with governmental fund accounting and accrual basis accounting
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
This is a full-time position with State employment benefits including paid holidays, vacation/sick/personal days, subsidized medical and dental plans, pension plan, 401(k)/457 plans, employee credit union, direct deposit, and free parking.
Please upload a current copy of your resume with your application.