PSCS Social Worker II, Criminal Justice
|Date Opened||4/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||11/9/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$53,741.00 - $86,244.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jacob Rolon|
LOCATION OF POSITION
7555 Waterloo Road, Jessup, MD 20794
Patuxent Institution is a maximum-security state prison designed to provide remediation programs and services to male and female offenders based upon current best practices. The PSCS Social Worker II, Criminal Justice position is the full performance level of professional social work in this facility. The main purpose of this position is to provide direct social work services to offenders in one or more programs. Such services may include, but are not limited to, the following: social history assessments; diagnostic interviews; mental status assessments; cognitive-behavioral group psychotherapy (the primary treatment modality); individual psychotherapy; crisis intervention; and release planning and supervision of offenders in the community.
Conducts social history assessments, diagnostic interviews, mental status assessments, and other types of assessments as assigned.
Provides direct psychotherapeutic services to offenders. Cognitive-behavioral group psychotherapy may include both process-oriented and more structured, didactic groups. Individual therapeutic services may be provided to a lesser extent, and may include both individual therapy of a long or brief nature, as well as crisis intervention services.
Engages in release planning and/or supervision of offenders in the community.
Participates in miscellaneous projects and tasks as assigned.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Determined by the State Board of Social Work Examiners under the licensing requirements for Social Workers.
Experience: Two years of experience providing clinical and therapeutic social work services through the application of the principles, methods and procedures of professional social work to clients requiring rehabilitative counseling.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in Social Work classifications or Social Work specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology or Welfare fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees are required to be licensed as a certified social worker or certified social worker-clinical by the State Board of Social Work Examiners prior to appointment to a position in State service. Applicants who do not have a license may also apply pending receipt of the required license. When the license is obtained, submit a copy to the hiring department.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees are required to meet mandatory standards for continuing education as determined by the hiring department. Employees who fail to obtain the required continuing education credits shall be subject to disciplinary action including demotion, suspension and dismissal.
2. Employees must complete an approved training program in group counseling techniques.
3. Employees may be required to complete the Level I Counseling course certified by the Maryland AIDS Professional Education Center.
4. Employees are required to qualify for and successfully complete the Entry Level Training Academy operated by the Police and Correctional Training Commissions.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|