FISCAL SERVICES ADMINISTRATOR III
|Department||DNR - Finance and Administrative Service|
|Date Opened||11/17/2021 2:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||12/1/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,857.00 - $105,735.00/year (State Salary Guidelines apply to State Employees)|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
This is a Management Service position that serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
This is a position-specific recruitment for the Maryland Department of Natural Resources, Fiscal and Administrative Services (FAS). The Department of Natural Resources (DNR) leads Maryland in securing a sustainable future for its environment, society, and economy by preserving, protecting, restoring, and enhancing the State’s natural resources. DNR FAS is seeking a budget and accounting professional to perform and supervise fiscal processes including federal grants and budgetary accounting. This position will play a key role in the efficiency and professionalism of DNR fiscal and budgetary procedures and staff.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university is required.
Experience: At least five years of experience in governmental or nonprofit accounting with progressively increasing responsibilities resulting in acquired knowledge in the areas of financial, budgetary, and federal grants management to include year-end close-out, annual budget preparation and tracking, management reporting, and the ability to coordinate, clearly explain requirements, and offer assistance to fiscal staff. A minimum of two years of supervisory experience is required.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education in Accounting or a related field at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for up to one year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work for up to one year of the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desired qualifications include, but are not limited to:
• Comprehensive knowledge of FMIS, RSTARS, ADPICS, BARS, or similar financial and budgetary systems.
• Experience with the State of Maryland Budgetary Process.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.