CORRECTIONAL DIETARY OFFICER I Cooking
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||1/19/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/19/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$43,981.00 - $64,750.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Oluwafemi Ebilene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Maryland Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: One year of experience involving the custody, security and supervision of adult inmates in food preparation and serving of meals at correctional institutions in the option for which application is made.
One year of cooking experience in a large-scale food operation of a commercial, institutional or other establishment.
1. Candidates may substitute a two-year culinary school degree or 30 credits in culinary arts courses for the required experience.
2. The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience in correctional institutional specialty codes in the criminal justice field of work at a rate of two years of military experience for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Two-year culinary school degree or 30 credits in culinary arts courses.
Bachelor's degree in any field from an accredited college or university.Two years of cooking experience in the U.S. military.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may require employee to obtain a State of Maryland Class C driver's license to operate large vans for transportation of supplies.
3. Employees who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
1. Selection standards for correctional officer certification are established by the Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations, Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.All applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please fax the requested information to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.