CORRECTIONAL DIETARY OFFICER TRAINEE Cooking
|Department||Department of Public Safety and Correctional Svcs|
|Date Opened||2/28/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/15/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,353.00 - $60,694.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jordan McNeil|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Roxbury Correctional Institution
18701 Roxbury Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21746
Maryland Correctional Training Center
18800 Roxbury Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21746
Maryland Correctional Institution - Hagerstown
18601 Roxbury Rd, Hagerstown, MD 21746
Job duties can include;
Maintain control and discipline of inmates working in kitchen and dining room areas
Keep continual count of assigned inmates
Search inmates in order to prevent concealment of equipment, cutlery, food and other unauthorized items
Enforce rules of conduct among inmates and when to prepare reports of infractions
Subdue and restrain inmates during fights, riots and escape attempts
Maintain sanitary kitchen conditions including supervision of the washing of pots, pans, dishes, counters and the cleaning of meat grinders and slicers and dining and kitchen areas
Learn Division of Correction regulations, institutional directives and post orders
Ensure that inmate workers adhere to Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point Regulations in food sanitation and food safety in an institutional setting
Train and supervise assigned inmates preparing vegetables, meats, salads, beverages and other foods
Operate kitchen equipment and appliances such as mixers, cookers, ovens, stoves, toasters and coffee urns
Measure and mix ingredients according to recipes
Perform work in any one of the specialized options during staffing shortages and emergencies
Performs other related duties
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate acceptable to the Maryland State Board of Education as described in the Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209, Annotated Code of Maryland.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience preparing food in a commercial setting
Experience performing security duties
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may require employees to acquire the appropriate Maryland driver's license to operate motor vehicles for the transportation of inmates or supplies.
3. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must complete and successfully pass the Entrance Level Correctional Training Course required for the Maryland Correctional Training Commission certificate during the probationary period.
1. Selection standards for Correctional Officer certification are established by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission in accordance with Correctional Services Article, Section 8-209 of the Annotated Code of Maryland. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations, Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 01 and include the following:
U.S. Citizenship or Resident Alien status
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation
2. Employees in this classification are subject to call 24 hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please email the requested information to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing the recruitment number in the subject line, or fax to 410-484-5929 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information,
recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are requested will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination at 410-339-4200, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov <Application.Help@maryland.gov> or
ATTN: Jordan McNeil, 410-339-3275
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.