NATURAL RESOURCES TECHNICIAN I
|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||4/6/2021 2:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||4/20/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$29,131.00 - $45,345.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university, 18 credit hours must be in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, forest technology, arboriculture, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience performing technical biological work in the field of forestry, arboriculture, wildlife, aquaculture, natural resources management, or fisheries on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the biological science technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. Training or knowledge in wildland fire suppression and control.
3. Working knowledge with operating different types of equipment and machinery. This includes hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment (chainsaw, pole saw, leaf blower), and large machinery (skid steers, tractors, bulldozer).
4. Training and/or working knowledge with tree planting.
5. Training and/or experience using Geographic Information System (GIS).
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|