Instructional Designer & Training Coordinator
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||8/5/2021 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/6/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$50,971/yr - $66,155/yr with potential up to $81,596/yr|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Works with Subject Matter Experts to write creative course outlines, objectives, case studies, participant guides, facilitator guides, evaluations, and other materials as required for classroom and online participants.
- Produce and refine content to be delivered to internal and external stakeholders. This includes copy, graphics, video scripts, slide decks, reference guides, worksheets, digital content, etc. Training material should be developed and revised to align with changes in regulations, policies, practices, and agency objectives.
- Utilizes emergent learning theory and adult learning theory and methodologies to effectively design solutions that support training objectives. Uses adult learning theory to create an array of course elements including group activities, discussions, case studies, role-plays, simulations, self-studies, videos, and decision- and narrative-based online learning.
- Creates and coordinates program evaluation surveys, compiles and analyzes data, makes recommendations to improve programs and processes, facilitates program launches and upgrades, provides oversight, coordination and implementation of changes and system modifications; monitors continuous improvement of program performance and effectiveness; and assists in the coordination of MHBE LMS systems, processes, and procedures.
- Manage logistics related to training delivery including acting as the primary instructor/leader for synchronous and asynchronous weekly webinars (approximately 1 hour per week).
- Test, QA, and upload newly created courses onto MHBE’s LMS for deployment.
- Ensures that documents and reports are maintained and accessible for management review, briefing, input and auditing with or for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinates, assists, and serves as a backup to the LMS Administrator in building an extensive LMS course catalog, provides on-line course approval and registration, e-Learning, instructor-led classroom courses and on-line library resources across multiple platforms. Uses multiple LMS platforms to generate various training and tracking reports for analytics and program development.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing training and special events, including the initial concept, objectives through completion and measurement.
- Experience in working with and developing e-learning and blended learning programs, web-based training, and asynchronous learning content.
- Experience with Google Suite. Should be proficient in the use of Gmail, Hangouts, Google Drive, Calendar, Sheets, and Docs.
- Experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Specifically creating letters, fliers, tracking sheets, user guides, presentations, graphs, charts, pivot tables, image insertion, and formulas.
- Experience with the following software: Adobe Creative Cloud, Vyond, E-Learning Brothers, and Camtasia.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate or another e-learning authoring tool.
- Experience with Storyboarding, ADDIE Model, quiz/ test creation, assessment measurements - survey and evaluations.
- Experience with surveys, data validation, branching logic and formulas.
- Experience managing or administrating Learning Management Systems (LMS) software.
- Reliable transportation and willingness for light travel around the Baltimore Metro area.
- Experience with instructional design including creating and/or assisting with the creation of courses using various software applications designed for course creation and e-learning.
- Experience with developing training materials such as course outlines, evaluations, technical user guides, interactive scenarios, conducting in-person or synchronous online training.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.