OFFICE SERVICES CLERK
|Department||DNR - Fisheries Service|
|Date Opened||7/21/2021 6:05:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/20/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$15.30 - $22.62/hour|
|HR Analyst||Christopher Langley|
**REPOST Previous Applicants do not need to reapply***
One vacancy; full-time
Contract Period: Not to exceed 10 months
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Two years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the requires experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administrative classifications or in Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Clerical Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access).
3. Familiarity with commercial fisheries.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who works an average of at least 12 hours per week. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Emilee.Knott at Emilee.Knott@maryland.gov.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.