NATURAL RESOURCES CADET
|Department||DNR - Natural Resource Police - General Direction|
|Date Opened||6/1/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/29/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$27,743.00 - $43,049.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Marjorie Point Du Jour|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates must be between 17 and 19 years of age to apply for the position, and between 18 and 20 years of age to be hired.
2. Some positions in this classification are assigned duties which will require the individual to be examined by a physician. After an offer of employment, candidates for such positions will be given a medical examination to certify the ability to perform the essential job functions. The examination may include strength and agility tests.
3. Candidates will be subject to an intensive background investigation, including fingerprint checks. An unsatisfactory reference check or police record may cause removal of the candidate’s name from the eligible list.
4. Candidates must be citizens of the United States and establish residence in the State of Maryland prior to appointment.
5. Candidates must have access to the use of a motor vehicle for official State business when deemed necessary by the agency.
6. Employees in this classification are subject to assignment in any area of State.
7. Employees are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached. Appointees must be available for duty on around-the-clock shifts and in emergencies.
8. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
9. Employees are subject to rotating assignments in any combination of DNR or NRP specific programs such as DNR Communications; Parks; Fisheries; Wildlife Forestry Service; NRP Academy; Headquarters; Investigations; Field Operations; or Maintenance and Supply for a minimum of six months.
10. Upon reaching the age of twenty-one, and having served in the program for a minimum of six months, cadets shall seek appointment to the next available NRP Academy class. Cadets determined to be ineligible for appointment as an NRP Officer Candidate will be terminated from the Cadet Program.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will move forward in the process by taking a physical fitness assessment (standards can be found on the NRP website) and written test. Those applicants who pass both tests will move forward in the process which includes:
• Extensive Background investigation
• Truth Verification Exam
• Drug screening
• Oral interview
• Medical Examination
• Psychological Examination
You will be required to complete and submit a State application AND supplemental questionnaire to be considered for this recruitment. The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Marjorie Point Du Jour at email@example.com.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|