|Department||DPSCS-Eastern Correctional Institution|
|Date Opened||8/2/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/17/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$35,207.00 - $55,279.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jordan McNeil|
LOCATION OF POSITION
30420 Revells Neck Rd, Westover, MD 21890
- Plans, coordinates and supervises the work of lower-level clerks;
- Trains subordinate clerical staff in clerical equipment usage, procedures, agency regulations and policies;
- Responds to inquiries, makes determinations and resolves problems by reviewing, verifying, interpreting and editing information in accordance with applicable procedures, policies, regulations and laws;
- Develops, recommends and implements modifications of clerical operations and procedures to improve efficiency;
- Establishes work priorities and deadlines to meet agency requirements;
- Compiles statistical reports for administrative review;
- Confers with other agency personnel to exchange information, request various actions, interpret policies and explain procedures;
- Composes correspondence and other material informing the public, agency personnel and others of procedures and policies relative to the clerical operation;
- Orders, receives and distributes office supplies and materials;
- Enters, edits, validates, searches, retrieves and updates information and designs, edits or formats reports, graphs and charts using computer software applications;
- May type correspondence, reports, schedules and other material using a computer or word processor;
- Performs other related duties.
Applicants must meet all minimum (and selective) qualifications to be considered, and to appear on the list of people eligible for hire. Please read all requirements before applying.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Four years of experience performing clerical duties.
1. Additional experience performing clerical duties may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Applicants may substitute education from an accredited college or university at the rate of thirty semester credit hours for one year of experience on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Six months clerical training with three courses in subjects such as keyboarding, clerical math, word processing, spreadsheets, database, graphics presentation, proofreading, or office etiquette may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.1. Experience supervising administrative and clerical staff
2. Experience with Microsoft Word
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
If you are submitting additional information, the preferred method is to upload it with your application. All uploaded additional information must be received by the closing date and time. If you are unable to upload,
please fax the requested information to 410-484-5928 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Public Safety and Correctional Services, HRSD-Recruitment & Examination.
HR Analyst: Jordan McNeil
Email: Jordan.Mcneil@maryland.gov Phone: 410-585-3999
If you are having difficulties with submitting your online application, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-4850.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.