GEOLOGIST LEAD/ADVANCED, MARYLAND GEOLOGICAL SURVEY
|Department||DNR - Resource Assessment - MD Geological Survey|
|Date Opened||10/13/2021 1:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/27/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$57,862.00 - $92,897.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Geology, Environmental Geology or a related earth science.
Experience: Five years of experience performing professional geological work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Geology, Environmental Geology or a related earth science for one year of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a commissioned officer in physical science classification or physical science specialty codes in the geology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. Experience in GIS software.
3. Experience in coastal geology and marine remote sensing data collection and processing.
4. Experience in report and grant proposal writing with peer-reviewed and published writings.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be required to walk over rough or unstable terrain or over long distances while wearing personal protective equipment.
2. Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in on a twenty-four hour basis and, therefore, will be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|