NATURAL RESOURCES TECHNICIAN III
|Department||DNR - Wildlife and Heritage Service|
|Date Opened||7/9/2021 3:40:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||7/23/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$17.65/hour (Maximum Contract Amount - $36,821.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
Long Term Contractual
Two vacancies; full-time
Contract Period: August 2021 through August 2022 (Start dates are flexible)
LOCATION OF POSITION
Please indicate on your application all counties where you are willing to accept employment.
Headquarters – Tawes State Office Building. E-1 (Anne Arundel County)
580 Taylor Ave.
Annapolis, MD 21401
Myrtle Grove Wildlife Management Area (Charles County)
5625 Myrtle Grove Rd
La Plata, MD 20646
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university, 18 credit hours must be in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, forest technology, arboriculture, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study.
Experience: Two years of experience in technical biological work in the field of natural resources management.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience performing technical biological work in the field of forestry, arboriculture, wildlife, aquaculture, natural resources management, or fisheries on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional education beyond the 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university in a natural resources related field of study on a year-for-year basis for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the biological science technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
2. Wildlife conflict resolution experience.
3. Managed Hunt Program experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a temporary/contractual employee who works an average of at least 12 hours per week. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Candidates with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.