|Department||MDH Springfield Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||7/12/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/3/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$65,204.00 - $85,032.00/year with potential growth to $104,687.00/year (Salary Negotiable)|
|HR Analyst||Charon Davis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Provide quality Clinical Psychology Services to an inpatient population that include crisis, individual, and group therapies; as well as admission, annual and risk assessments. Direct specialized treatment program determining goals and selecting treatment method.
- Maintain progress notes on clinical interventions in a timely manner and as determined by the documentation protocol and notes that meet the ethical and professional standards and inform in optimizing patients' treatment and recovery. Participate in and provide consultation to the multidisciplinary treatment team as needed.
- Participate in hospital wide training, committees and meetings as needed.
- Provide diagnostic assessment services including Psychological Testing and/or Behavioral Assessments and use the comprehensive results to consult with the interdisciplinary treatment team. Evaluate individuals for involuntary certification under Maryland law.
- Provide supervision, mentoring and training as needed to psychology interns, externs and psychology associate staff in order to maintain the core clinical competencies in the practice of psychology
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Examiners of Psychologists under the licensing requirements for Psychologists.
Experience: Two years of experience rendering psychological services or engaged in psychological research after receipt of the Psychologist license.
Note: Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Clinical Psychology classifications or Psychology specialty codes in the Psychology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for this classification must be licensed as a Psychologist by the Maryland Board of Examiners of Psychologists prior to permanent appointment to a position. Applicants who do not have a Maryland license may apply before receipt of the required license but the application will be designated in pending status by the Maryland Department of Health (MDH) Testing Unit. When the license has been obtained, submit a copy of the license to MDH to remove the pending status from the application.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties that require operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|