NATURAL RESOURCES POLICE CAPTAIN
Limited to current DNR NRP promotional candidates only
|Department||DNR - Natural Resource Police - General Direction|
|Date Opened||10/4/2021 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/18/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$81,898.00 - $147,620.00/year|
This recruitment is limited to current promotional candidates of the Maryland Natural Resources Police.
This is an agency specific recruitment for the Department of Natural Resources, Maryland Natural Resources Police. The final eligibility list will be used to select persons for promotion to Captain in the Maryland Natural Resources Police.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate acceptable to the Maryland Board of Education as described in the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission regulation.
Experience: One year of managerial experience as a commissioned natural resources law enforcement officer.
1. The above education requirement is set by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-207.
2. Experience defined above must have been certified by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Required licenses and/or certifications must be listed under the "Licenses and Certifications" section of the application. Failure to do so will result in being found ineligible for the position.
1. Employees in this classification must possess police officer certification as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission at the time of application.
2. Employees in this classification will be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle and will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Selection standards for police officer certification are established by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Public Safety Article, Section 3-207. These selection criteria are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.04 and include the following:
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation, including a check of criminal history
Oral interview and truth verification device testing
Physical and psychological examination following offer of employment
2. Employees are subject to call-in 24-hours a day and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
3. Employees in this classification will be required to bear firearms and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
5. Employees in this classification are subject to assignment in any area of the state.
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Permanent Maryland State employees may complete necessary experience requirements within six months of the date of the assessment. However, affected candidates will appear in pending status on the eligible list until documentation has been received to ensure educational and/or experience requirements have been met.
Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
You will be required to complete and submit a State application to be considered for this recruitment. The online application is preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to: Department of Natural Resources, Human Resources, 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401.
The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address. Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. A resume may not be used in lieu of any part of the application.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Laurita Lesperance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|