HR SPECIALIST TRAINEE
|Department||MDH Local Health - Anne Arundel County|
|Date Opened||3/17/2020 3:36:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/31/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,988.00 - $50,191 with potential growth to $61,649.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janet Esser|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Anne Arundel County Department of Health, Annapolis, MD
Main Purpose of Job
Under the supervision of the HR Officer, this position is responsible for managing the human resources needs (recruitment, appointments, reclassifications, position and vacancy issues, etc.) for the Bureaus of Disease Prevention and Management (DPM), Family Health, and Administration. This position functions as the Human Resources' staff level liaison to the Anne Arundel County Personal Office and Maryland Department of Health (MDH), advising the Department's Human Resources staff and employees in regards to policies and procedures concerning: disciplinary issues, hiring/selection issues, leave issues, the evaluation process and reclassifications for the Bureau's 130+ employees. The incumbent learns to manage five different types of employment categories within two governmental systems-the State of Maryland and Anne Arundel County.
Education: A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
1. Professional HR management work in the areas of recruitment, classification, salary administration, employee relations, test development and validation or as a generalist may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education.
2. Paraprofessional personnel work experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for up to four years of the required education. Paraprofessional personnel work is defined as work involving the application of public sector personnel procedures, policies, rules and regulations to specific employment actions. Appropriate paraprofessional personnel experience includes responsibility for activities such as: preparing and maintaining employment records, calculating salaries, applying personnel-related rules and policies, preparing personnel-related reports, conducting employee orientation and counseling employees regarding benefits and obligations and responding to inquiries concerning employment actions.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in human resources management classification or human resources management specialty codes in the human resources management field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desirable candidates will possess:
- Experience in customer service.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite and Google Applications.
- Experience with Governmental Personnel systems.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.