REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE ENGINEER/ARCHITECT SENIOR
|Department||MDE - Water and Science Administration (WSA)|
|Date Opened||1/17/2020 10:21:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/3/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$60,514-$78,078 w/progression to $97,159. State Salary Guidelines apply to State employees.|
|HR Analyst||Tammy Lewis|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Department of the Environment
Water and Science Administration/Dam Safety Program
1800 Washington Blvd., Baltimore MD 21230
Education: Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of engineering or architectural experience in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, or public health and safety to ensure regulatory or quality compliance with engineering/architectural standards, practices, principles and methods.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with at least 20 credits in engineering and two years performing engineering architectural work in pollution control, waste remediation, resource conservation, environmental protection, public health and safety or related areas may be substituted for the engineering degree.
2. A Master’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
3. Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements may be substituted for the educational requirement and one year of experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Engineering and Architecture classifications or Engineering and Architecture specialty codes in the Environmental field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
It is preferred that the selected candidates have the following:
- Experience inspecting existing dams, ponds, levees, and similar structures;
- Experience inspecting the construction of dams, ponds, and levees;
- Experience performing hydrologic and hydraulic modeling using HEC-RAS, HEC-RAS2D, HEC-2, HEC-1, HEC-HMS, HydroCad, TR-20, USGS Streamstats, and GisHydro software or Knowledgeable in seepage and slope stability analyses for dams and levees. Use of PCSTABL, Rockscience Slide, GeoSlope Slope/W and Seep/W, or similar software is desirable;
- Experience designing or reviewing earthen dams for water supply, flood control, stormwater management, and tailings retention;
- Experience preparing or reviewing geotechnical reports, flood studies, stormwater management design reports, structural analyses, and dam breach analyses for dams and levees;
- Familiarity with dam construction standards such as ASTM, AASHTO, ACI, NRCS, USACE;
- Experience instructing junior or entry level engineers and planners;
- GIS experience (ArcMap);
- Public speaking;
- Technical writing skills for preparing inspection reports and developing policies and design criteria, especially as related to dam safety;
- Familiarity with Maryland's laws and regulations regarding dam design and construction.
It is also preferred that the selected candidates have:
- A Bachelor's degree in Civil, Geotechnical, or Environmental Engineering;
- Be a licensed professional engineer in the State of Maryland or in a State with comparable requirements;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Your application is part of the examination process. The assessment will be a rating of your education, training and experience related to the requirements of this position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate educational and employment information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified or Qualified and placed on the cert list for at least one year. This list will be used by the hiring agency to select employees.
Education credentials and experience verification will be completed by the Appointing Authority. If you are scheduled to complete an education or licensing requirement within six months of the examination, you may participate in the examination process, if one is required. Please note that you will be required by the appointing agency to provide proof upon hire of all certifications, licenses, educational and work experiences.
For education obtained outside the U.S., you will be required to provide proof of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service. This evaluation must be submitted prior to hire.
It is STRONGLY preferred that you apply online; however, if you are unable to apply online, or encounter difficulty attaching required or optional documentation, you may submit via mail or deliver in person. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and reference number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the state application.
You may email required documentation, transcripts and addendums to email@example.com or fax to 410-537-3966.
Tammy Lewis, Manager, Recruitment and Examination Division/Office of Human Resources
MDE Reference Number:20-004593-0001
1800 Washington Blvd. Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: 410-537-3130 Fax: 410-537-3966
The MD State Application Form can be found online.
PLEASE NOTE: The Maryland Department of the Environment participates in the E-Verify Program.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|