|Department||Department of Aging|
|Date Opened||9/25/2020 5:45:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/9/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,464.00 - $65,790.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Althea Gibson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing.
Experience: One year of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a Master's degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for the required experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1 year of intermediate experience with Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint
1 year of experience with R*Stars and ADPICS
1 year of experience in Account Receivable, Billing, and Account Payable
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, contact S. Hudson. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the DBM Recruitment and Examination Division at email@example.com
Or call S.Hudson at 410-767-4910.
Emailed inquiries should reference recruitment number listed in the announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the State application.
MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service needs to be provided before hire.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country and encourage them to apply. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are also encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.