ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
|Department||DPSCS 9-1-1 Emergency Numbers Systems|
|Date Opened||9/16/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/2/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,988.00 with potential growth to - $61,649.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Thomasine Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
The main purpose of this position is to provide support for the Executive Director of the Emergency Number Systems Board with a focus on dispatcher training, project funding reviews, implementation of call answering protocol systems, adherence to established standards, and completing special projects. This position would facilitate compliance with Code of Maryland Regulations (COMAR) in coordinating training to entrance level and in-service 9-1-1 dispatchers.
- This position evaluates training needs and establishes/updates standards for 9-1-1 personnel through the Board's Training Subcommittee and industry experts for the improvement of 9-1-1 training.
- Coordinates the development and delivery of entry level and in service training programs to promote continuous quality improvement of 9-1-1 personnel.
- Reviews and prepares written analysis.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
Experience: One (I) year experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute additional experience in administrative staff or professional work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 semester credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1.Experience in training or adult learning, to include course/program evaluations and curriculum development
2.Experience in Next Generation 9-1-1 equipment and services
3.Microsoft Office experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Online applications are recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Thomasine Johnson
300 E. Joppa Road, Suite 1100
Towson, Maryland 21286
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For more information, please call 410-339-4214
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply