MSP FORENSIC SCIENTIST I
|Department||MSP - Criminal Investigation Bureau|
|Date Opened||2/20/2020 1:29:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/5/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,942.00 - $74,933.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MSP Forensic Sciences Division
221 Milford Mill Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
Main Purpose of Job
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, genetics, medical technology, pharmaceutical science, or related physical, natural or forensic science from an accredited college or university.
Note: Candidates may substitute experience performing comparative analysis or scientific evaluation of evidence to include experience in providing expert testimony, on a year for year basis ,for the required education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Firearms/Toolmark casework experience
2. Firearms Toolmark internship OR work experience in Crime Scene, Laboratory Technician or NIBIN
3. Master's degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry, genetics, medical technology, pharmaceutical science, or related physical, natural or forensic science
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Candidates appointed to this classification must be eligible for or possess the certification or license required by the governing body of the forensic discipline associated with the job duties for the specific position. Specific information concerning the requirements and procedures of the applicable governing body can be obtained from the Human Resources office of the Maryland Department of State Police,1201 Reisterstown Road, Pikesville, MD 21208.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, are required to provide the agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification are subject to random substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulation 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
3. In accordance with Public Safety Article, Section 2-204 (b) (6) of the Annotated Code of Maryland, candidates for positions in this classification will be subject to an initial drug screening, a physical examination, submission of a DNA sample, and a complete criminal background investigation, to include a polygraph examination before permanent appointment can be made. A criminal conviction may be grounds for rejection of the candidate.
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.
This position is eligible for student loan repayment through the SMARTWORK STATE EMPLOYEE STUDENT LOAN REPAYMENT PLAN. For additional information, please refer to https://dbm.maryland.gov/employees/Pages/SmartWork.aspx