IT SYSTEMS TECHNICAL SPECIALIST
Lead EDI Specialist
|Department||MD Health Benefit Exchange|
|Date Opened||4/15/2019 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/27/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$54,529.00 - $71,013/year with potential growth to $87,546.00/year|
|HR Analyst||JasCiel Stamp|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
• Perform 8001 Flat File validation and analysis; review multiple MPIs for SSN matching.
• Perform HBX System Error analysis. Validate 1095-A and 1095-B files, reconcile 8001 transactions.
• Analyze EDI files sent to and received from Carriers/Managed Care Organizations (MCO) and identify errors and root cause for EDI file rejections.
• Design, develop and maintain queries and reports utilizing agency data.
• Research, evaluate and identify effective solutions for challenging and complex problems.
• Evaluate and validate data accuracy & data fixes.
• Perform Data analysis & validation on the new implementation.
• Work collaboratively and coordinate with cross functional teams and complete work within established deadlines.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Information Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology.
Experience: Three years of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software.
1. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and thirty credit hours from an accredited college or university in Computer Science, Computer Technology, Management Information Systems or other information technology-related field to include coursework in application, communication, database or operating systems software technology may be substituted for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate and one additional year of experience designing, developing, testing, implementing and maintaining application, communication, database or operating systems software may be substituted for the required education.
3. Experience operating computer systems; or scheduling, controlling input and output to process data on computer systems; or evaluating, implementing and maintaining computer hardware and software; or converting data from project specifications by developing program code using generally accepted computer programming languages may be substituted for high school education on a year- for-year basis.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Computer Systems Operations classifications or Computer Systems Operations specialty codes in the Information Technology field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Two years of experience with Health Exchange EDI solutions.
- Two years of experience in creating EDI X12 files for transactions sets such as 834, 999 and TA1.
- Two years of experience in reviewing and understanding technical documents such as companion and implementation guides for Healthcare EDI formats 834 and 999.
- Two years of experience in analyzing/testing Healthcare/Marketplace EDI Applications.
- One year of experience working with SQL databases/queries.
- Experience leading teams in a professional environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to understand and communicate technical information to business users, and gather business requirements that can be translated into technical requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple critical priorities and tight deadlines.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|