WORK STUDY STUDENT
Maryland Commission for Women Intern
|Department||DHS - Commissions|
|Date Opened||5/21/2019 09:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||6/4/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Deenna Greene|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Maryland Commission for Women
51 Monroe Street, Suite 1034
Rockville MD 20850
Main Purpose of Job
- Carefully review each biography in the Maryland Women's Hall of Fame posted on the website of the Maryland State Archives
- Research inductees on internet and social media
- Note necessary updates to information (date of death, changes in positions, etc.)
- Review in-office files and documents to create statistical history
- Compile statistical data
- Create a spreadsheet displaying the data
- Currently enrolled and pursing a bachelor's or master's degree from an accredited college or university with a major or related courses in Women's Studies, Sociology or similar fields.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and other MS Office applications
- Familiarity with Commission for Women operations and objectives
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to the Department of Human Services, 311 W. Saratoga Street, Attn: D. Greene, Room 146, Baltimore, MD 21201.The paper application must be received by the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Information received after the closing date will not be considered. Application inquiries may be directed to 410-767-7414.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.