HEALTH PLANNER III
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||8/15/2019 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/29/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,477.00 - $60,183.00/year (with potential growth to $74,191.00/year)|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for guiding the agency's program planning and evaluation activities for the purpose of strengthening program outcomes to improve the health of Howard County. The position supervises lower level coordinators of special programs and will systematically review and analyze local population data to provide staff guidance with program planning which incorporates current and accepted evaluation methodologies. This position will review internal performance data and external data and programs to identify areas needing improvement. Additionally, this position is responsible for developing and managing evaluation plans and templates to assist programs. Other duties include, but are not limited to, quality improvement planning, survey development and evaluation, monitoring components of the agency strategic plan, monitoring development opportunities, preparation of reports and grant writing.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Planning, Public Health, Health Science, Hospital Administration, or Health Care Administration.
Experience: Three years of professional experience in health planning.
1. Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for one year of experience.
2. Possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for three years of experience.
3. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and one year professional experience in health planning may be substituted for the required specialized Bachelor’s degree.
4. Applicants may substitute experience in health or hospital administration for the required experience on a year for year basis, provided the applicant has at least one year of professional experience in health planning.
5. Health Planning experience obtained in a State Health Planning and Development Agency or in a Health System Agency as designated by Public Law 93-641 may be substituted at the rate of three months for four months of the required experience.
6. General Health Planning experience as required above is defined as experience obtained in a professional capacity in an operation established solely for the delivery/evaluation of health services (e.g. Hospitals, H.M.O.’s, Insurance Companies). Such experience must have been the primary purpose of the position during the time in question. Health Planning duties which are performed only incidentally are not considered as qualifying.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following desired qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
- Experience in Quality Improvement and Public Health Best Practices
- Experience designing and conducting program/project evaluations
- Qualitative data analysis
- Knowledge of public health theory, frameworks and models for health program evaluation
- Experience designing survey and data collection tools
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.