Seasonal Deep Creek Lake NRMA
Natural Resources Technician I
|Department||DNR - Maryland Park Service - State Wide Operation|
|Date Opened||1/7/2020 2:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/21/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Kyle Thompson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
The Natural Resources Technician provides assistance to the Deep Creek Lake Natural Resources Management Area (NRMA) Lake Management Office. Work is performed indoors and outdoors under various weather conditions. Applicants must be available to work weekends, evenings, and holidays as scheduled. Duties may vary for each facility and generally include, but are not limited to:
- Review and issue state recreation permits for the Deep Creek Lake NRMA
- Assess ecological impacts of proposed projects
- Work with adjacent property owners to implement ecologically sound construction projects
- Operate various-size boats
- Locate state recognized survey points
- Communicate regulations to the public and contractors
Education: Completion of sixty credit hours from an accredited college or university, 18 of which are in biology, biochemistry, environmental science, forest technology, arboriculture, aquaculture, natural science, natural resources management, botany, marine biology, marine ecology, physical oceanography, ichthyology, fisheries management, wildlife management, zoology, or a natural resources management related field of study.
1. Additional experience performing technical biological work in the field of forestry, arboriculture, wildlife, aquaculture, natural resources management, or fisheries may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in the natural resources management and biological sciences classifications or natural resources management and biological sciences specialty codes in the biological science technician field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required education.