|Department||DBM Central Collection Unit|
|Date Opened||2/23/2018 5:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||3/9/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$38,880.00 - $61,691.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Tina Hoban|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position is responsible for coding refund daily, reconcile the weekly Harris and Harris invoice, reviewing disbursement transmittals entered in FMIS, reviewing corporate credit card purchases against the correct budgeted object. This position also reviews the monthly charge backs and daily charge back/refund reconciliation.
This is a special appointment position that will serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in Accounting from an accredited college or university, including or supplemented by three credit hours in Auditing.
Experience: One year of experience examining, analyzing and interpreting accounting systems, records and reports by applying generally accepted accounting principles.
1. Candidates may substitute a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with thirty credit hours in Accounting and related courses, including or supplemented by three credit hours in auditing, for the required education.
2. Applicants who have met the requirements for admission to the CPA examination prior to July 1, 1974 will be considered to have met the educational requirement referenced above.
3. Possession of a certificate as a Certified Public Accountant or a master’s degree in accounting from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
4. Applicants may substitute one year of professional auditing experience for one year of accounting experience.
5. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in the Accounting Officer classification or Financial Management specialty codes in the Accounting field of work on a year for year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1 year of experience leading and training employees.
1 year of experience creating Excel spreadsheets.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If the online application process is not available, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire (by the closing date) to:
Department of Budget and Management
Recruitment and Examination Division
301 W. Preston Street, Room 608
Baltimore, MD 21201
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay.
Questions may be directed to S. Hudson at 410-767-4910.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. For education obtained outside of the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.