CAPITAL CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER/ARCHITECT II
|Department||DPSCS Capital Construction & Fac. Maintenance|
|Date Opened||3/14/2018 11:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/28/2018 12:00:00 PM|
|Salary||$56,743.00 - $91,107.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Cynthia Wingate|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
- Implement and monitor a fully functional Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) statewide for all department facilities;
- Evaluate efficiency of maintenance operations, revise and direct new maintenance workflow procedures statewide (to include preventive maintenance policies and procedures);
- Perform all duties as a Project Manager, Design or Project Engineer for Capital or Critical Maintenance projects as assigned. Manage on-site project inspectors as required; and
- Directs the Staff Development and Training for regional maintenance of the staff statewide.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Three years of experience as a design or project engineer or architect for large-scale multi-year construction projects.
1. A Master’s degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited college or university may be substituted for up to one year of the required experience.
2. Professional Engineer or Professional Architect registration in the State of Maryland or in a state with comparable requirements may be substituted for the education requirement.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Civil Engineer Corps or Engineering Aid classifications or Construction Engineering Technician, Technical Engineer, or Civil or Combat Engineering specialty codes in the Engineering field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Cynthia Wingate
6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 309
Baltimore, MD 21215
For more information, please call 410-585-3060 or email email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.