DEPUTY STATE FIRE MARSHAL I
|Department||MSP Fire Prevention Commission and Fire Marshal|
|Date Opened||3/2/2018 11:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/16/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,985.00 - $71,701.00/year|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Note: The above educational requirement is set by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 3-207.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification who have not already done so must successfully complete the Entrance Level Police Training Course required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission during the probationary period.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to secure police officer certification as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission during the probationary period.
1. Employees must meet the selection standards required and successfully complete the training prescribed by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission for a police officer in accordance with the Annotated Code of Maryland, Public Safety Article, Section 6-303 or be eligible for comparative compliance training, approved by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission. Selection standards for police officer training are listed in detail in the Code of Maryland Regulations 12.04.01.04 and include the following:
Must be at least 21 years of age
A completed background investigation, including a check of criminal history
Possession of a driver's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to bear firearms and to demonstrate practical knowledge and proficiency in the safe use and care of firearms on a periodic basis, as required by the Maryland Police and Correctional Training Commission.
3. Employees in this classification are assigned duties in a given service area.
4. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the employer with a phone number where they can be reached.
5. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file.
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Office of the State Fire Marshal
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: Pamela Harvey
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.