MILITARY YOUTH WORKER II
|Department||MIL State Operations|
|Date Opened||8/23/2018 09:09:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||9/6/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $47,710.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Angela Stokes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from a standard high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience working with groups of children or youth in a structured environment, such as in a recreation center, institutional or school setting.
1. Thirty college credit hours including 9 credits in the behavioral or social sciences may be substituted for the required experience.
2. Fifteen college credit hours including 3 credits in the behavioral or social sciences may be substituted for six months of the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification will be trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first aid leading to certification. These certifications must be kept current as a requirement of residential childcare licensure by the Department of Human Resources.
2. Candidates appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. Candidates for positions in this classification will be required to apply for a criminal background check as required by the Annotated Code of Maryland, Family Law Article, Section 5-561.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. The paper application must be received by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application to:
Maryland Military Department State Personnel Office
Fifth Regiment Armory, Room B10
219 29th Division St.
Baltimore, MD 21201-2288
Military Veterans may qualify for additional bonus points towards certification. A copy of your proof of eligibility (DD 214) for Veterans’ Credit will be required prior to hire.
PLEASE DO NOT EMAIL UNSOLICITED DOCUMENTATION. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Angela Stokes at firstname.lastname@example.org; Fax: 410-234-3830
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay