COMMUNITY HEALTH EDUCATOR III
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||2/27/2018 08:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,017.00 - $56,999.00/year, with potential growth to $70,265.00|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
This position works in collaboration with the LHIC Director and the Director of the HCHD Bureau of Health Promotion to plan, develop, implement, promote, and evaluate all work group programs of the Local Health Improvement Coalition (LHIC) and oversee communications, goals, and desired public health outcomes with the (2) Coordinator of Special Program II in the LHIC work group(s). Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, member communications and engagement, public health education, evidence-based program development, implementation, and evaluation. This position will also assist in developing LHIC policies, procedures, guidance, and standards of operations for LHIC and its organizational members. This position will represent the LHIC at promotional events and serve as a liaison in building community partnerships and outreach to local and State partners. This position will supervise non-clinician staff in the Bureau of Health Promotion.
Experience: Two years of experience planning, developing, implementing and promoting health education projects.
1. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 18 credit hours in Public Health Education, Community Health Education, Health Science or related behavioral science and three years of experience planning, developing, implementing and promoting health education projects may be substituted for the required education and experience.
2. A Master’s degree in Public Health, Community Health Education, or Health Science may be substituted for the required education and one year of the required experience.
3. A Doctorate in Public Health, Community Health Education, Health Science or Public Health Policy may be substituted for the required education and experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Health Educator and Community Health classifications or Health Educator and Community Health specialty codes in the Public Health field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Direct experience in planning, developing, implementing, managing, promoting, and evaluating evidence-based community health programs
- Direct experience fostering community partnerships and community engagement
- Direct experience in health communication campaign development and implementation
- Supervisory experience
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.