ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||MSP - Office of the Superintendent|
|Date Opened||2/27/2018 11:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/13/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$34,390.00 - $54,186.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Robert Tanner|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MSP Department Property Section
7765 Washington Blvd.
Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
1. Knowledge and/or experience with the State of Maryland Department of General Services / Maryland State Police policies and standards for the collection of capital equipment property and inventories
2. Experience at a large, high-volume facility receiving, accounting for and accurately recording capital equipment to include tracking the movement and reconciliation of inventory
3. Experience with Radio Frequency Identification of Property (RFID)
4. Experience with proprietary inventory databases
5. Experience with material handling
6. Experience with barcoding and barcode scanning equipment
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
NOTE: Currently, applicants are limited to uploading one file. As a result, it is strongly urged that those applying upload ALL required and additional documents (undergraduate and graduate transcripts, resumes, etc.) as one file
If you are unable to apply online, you may submit an application via mail. The Maryland State Application Form can be found online.
Completed applications, required documentation and any required addendums may be mailed to:
Maryland State Police
Human Resources Division
1201 Reisterstown Road
Pikesville, MD 21208
ATTN: R. Bruce Tanner
Questions or concerns regarding this recruitment may be sent to the following e-mail address:
It is the policy of the Maryland State Police to comply with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting employment discrimination and to provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, identity and expression, genetic information, marital status, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religious affiliation, belief or opinion, sex, sexual orientation or any other protected status.