REFRIGERATION MECHANIC **REPOST**
|Department||MDH Holly Center|
|Date Opened||2/15/2018 12:29:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||10/5/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $39,046/year with progression to $47,710.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Stephanie Camper-Young|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH - Holly Center, Salisbury, MD
Main Purpose of Job
This position installs, maintains and repairs all HVAV/refrigeration systems in all areas of Holly Center. This position makes inspections of equipment and performs preventive maintenance of equipment. Employees in this position are on a rotating on-call schedule and classified as essential.
Experience: Four years of experience installing, repairing and maintaining commercial and industrial refrigeration and air conditioning systems and equipment at commercial or residential buildings or other facilities.
1. Graduation from an accredited vocational/technical high school with a concentration in refrigeration and air conditioning may be substituted for three years of the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Engineman or Utilitiesman classifications or Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration; Utilities Equipment Repairer; Utilities Chief; or Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician specialty codes in the air-conditioning/refrigeration maintenance field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the disposing or servicing of air-conditioning and refrigeration equipment. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess technician certification from an approved Environmental Protection Agency certifying organization as required by section 608 of the Clean Air Act.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to call-in and, therefore, will be required to provide the facility with a phone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification who are designated as Level I or Level II employees shall attend and successfully complete the appropriate asbestos safety and health training as required by Executive Order 0l.01.1987.22.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.