ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST II
|Department||DHS - Wicomico County DSS|
|Date Opened||3/7/2018 10:00:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/21/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,364.00 - $41,541/year with potential growth to $50,818.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Leslie Wigfield|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Human Services
Wicomico County Department of Social Services
201 Baptist Street
Salisbury, MD 21801
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to provide administrative support to the Assistant Director of Social Services and supervisors in the Services Division.
1. Develop, coordinate and maintain the Assistant Director's schedule; data reports, budget reports, routine correspondence, background clearances and archived records.
2. Coordinate, arrange, set-up and provide administrative support for trainings, meetings and special functions.
3. Provide back-up support, as needed, to the legal secretary and other clerical staff of the agency.
4. Reconcile the Services Division's credit card expenses.
5. Provide professional and courteous communications to all customers.
Please describe in detail any job duties relating to the minimum qualifications stated and include any computer software experience (ex. Word, Excel, Access, etc.) used in each of the positions you held.
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: One year of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above for the required education at the rate of one year of experience for 30 credit hours, for up to 60 credit hours of required education.
2. Candidates may substitute 90 credit hours at an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong preference will be given to applicants that possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding the qualifications.
1. One year experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
2. One year experience using Google Docs.
3. One year experience balancing business credit card statements.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Limited to candidates willing to work in Salisbury, Maryland.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
Online applications are STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, please send your paper application and supplemental questionnaire (if applicable) to:
Department of Human Services
Examination Services Unit
Attention: Leslie Wigfield
311 W. Saratoga Street, First Floor
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Or fax requested information to: 410-333-0882; email@example.com: Voice 410-767-7316, toll-free: 1-800-332-6347.
Do not submit unsolicited documentation. The paper application must be received by 5 PM on the closing date for the recruitment.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay, 1-800-925-4434.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.