ELECTRICIAN SENIOR *REPOST*
|Department||MDH Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center|
|Date Opened||8/15/2019 1:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||8/29/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$33,178.00 - $42,584.00/year, with potential growth to $52,095.00|
|HR Analyst||Zaria Matthews|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH, Clifton T. Perkins Hospital Center, Jessup, MD 20794
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Completion of eighth grade.
Experience: Five years of experience installing, repairing, testing and maintaining electrical systems, equipment, fixtures and control devices at commercial or residential buildings or other facilities.
Notes: 1. Additional experience as described above may be substituted on year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Graduation from an accredited vocational or technical high school or other vocational or technical school with a concentration in electricity may be substituted for three years of the required experience.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification who are assigned to facilities that mandate licensed electricians must possess a current license as a Master Electrician or other appropriate electrician license from a local board or from the Maryland State Board of Master Electricians, 500 N. Calvert Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21202-3651.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland
1. Employees in this classification may be subject to call-in 24-hours a day and may be required to provide the employing agency with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Employees in this classification who are designated as Level I or Level II employees shall attend and successfully complete the appropriate asbestos safety and health training as required by Executive Order 01.01.1987.22.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview). Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added. Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application. For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251. If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.