SANITARIAN IV, REGISTERED **RE-POST**
Plan Review Specialist
|Department||MDH Infectious Disease & Environmental Hlth Svcs|
|Date Opened||5/8/2019 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||6/5/2019 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$44,898.00 - $58,139.00/year, with potential growth to $71,671.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Roderick Howard II|
LOCATION OF POSITION
MDH/Prevention and Health Promotion Administration, Office of Food Protection, Baltimore, Maryland
Main Purpose of Job
This position will coordinate a Statewide program, for the purpose of reviewing and approving plans for new and remodeling food establishments. This program will also ensure the inspection of these facilities, in order to determine compliance with State and Federal law, regulations and standards.
Education: Determined by the Maryland State Board of Environmental Sanitarians, under the certificate of eligibility requirements for Environmental Sanitarians.
Experience: Four years of environmental health work experience in the promotion, control and maintenance of environmental health.
1. Applicants may substitute a Master’s degree in Public Health or Environmental Health Sciences for one year of the required general experience.
2. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience at a rank of Corporal/Petty Officer or higher as a Commissioned Officer Environmental Engineering classifications, or Environmental Engineering specialty codes, in the Engineering and Science field of work, on a year-for-year basis, for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
The desired candidate should have experience reviewing architectural and HACCP plans, as well as experience reviewing the process for retail and manufacturing facilities. He/she should also have experience dealing and working with developers for new food businesses, as well as local health departments and constituents and stakeholders in the food industry.
Finally, the desired candidate should have experience conducting inspections of food service facilities and food processing plants for licensing approval.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Candidates for positions in this classification must possess a current license as a Registered Environmental Health Specialists from the Maryland State Board of Environmental Health Specialists. A copy of you current registration must be attached to the application.
2. The licensure requirements are pursuant to State Environmental Article, Title 11, COMAR 26.07.01 through 26.07.04. The Secretary of the Department of Budget and Management cannot accept any substitutions.
3. Further information on eligibility requirements, including the application for license, may be obtained from the Administrative Officer, Maryland State Board of Health Specialists, 4201 Patterson Ave., Baltimore, Maryland 21215.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application, based on your education, training and experience, as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application.
Please report all related education, experience, dates, and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this, or other, State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to, 410-333-5689. Only additional materials which are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division, at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division, at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service, at 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.