Director of After School Program and Student Development
|Department||MD School for Deaf - Frederick - Educational Svc.|
|Date Opened||12/20/2017 3:20:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/9/2018 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$45,533.00 - $133,958.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Emily Hicks|
The Maryland School for the Deaf (MSD) is a diverse, bilingual community who in partnership with families, provides an equitable and exemplary education in a nurturing, engaging, and challenging environment to ensure our students achieve personal excellence and become lifelong learners. As such, we are looking for dedicated individuals who can join us in the education of the children at MSD.
This position is a 10.5 month position.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Plans, develops, organizes, coordinates, and schedules a variety of after school programs;
Supervises and oversees After School Programs including intramurals, special events, and projects;
Instructs and supervises staff in running programs including Organizations and Clubs;
Implements activities for all students to involve them in productive and meaningful learning experiences;
Works with school on Student Development opportunities during school hours;
Develops and conducts educational workshops and/or presentations to students;
Plans and implement volunteer hours needed for Student’s SSL;
Recruits instructors and presenters for various activities;
Assists in major campus-wide events;
Builds relationships with various businesses/organizations/communities to the students’ benefit;
Collects Ideas from the community, Plan, and Implement the programs with the Student Life Staff.
Education: BA in Education, Counseling, Recreation, or a related field.
Experience: Leadership experience. Must be fluent in ASL and written English.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employee will be expected to become certified in Personal Crisis Management.
2. Duties may require the operation of a state vehicle. Employee will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland and pass the state Driver Improvement Program.
3. Employee will be trained in cardiopulmonary resuscitation and first-aid leading to certification. These certifications must be kept current.
4. Director will be required to obtain life guard and pool operator certification.
1. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
2. Employees in this classification will be required to apply for a criminal background check as a requirement of the Annotated Code of Maryland, Family Law, Section 5-561.
3. Applicants will need to provide three letters of recommendation.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available or if you encounter difficulty, you may submit via mail, e-mail, fax, or deliver in person before the closing date and time. Please include your name and recruitment number on any documentation to ensure timely processing. Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Additional or supplemental information must be submitted by the closing date and time. A copy of your college transcripts must accompany your application. The preferred method to receive transcripts and additional information is for them to be uploaded. Application inquiries or supplemental information can be directed to the following:
Mailing Address: Maryland School for the Deaf Recruitment Department, P.O. Box 894, Columbia, MD 21044
Phone: 410-696-3031, TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
Individuals from traditionally underserved and underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply. Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining, and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.