OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||MDH Local Health - Howard County|
|Date Opened||4/20/2017 12:30:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||5/4/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$30,472.00 - $39,046.00/year, with potential growth to $47,710.00|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Bui|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Howard County Health Department, Columbia, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The purpose of this position is to provide administrative/secretarial support to the Bureau Director, Assistant Director and other bureau staff as directed. Primary job duties include supervising the Office Secretary II (receptionist) position, developing/maintaining the EHS on call roster, back up coverage for the three program secretaries, oversight of fee collection, oversight of fee reconciliation/submittal to the Fiscal Department, ordering supplies for the bureau, various administrative record keeping such fleet vehicle mileage reports, and any assigned special projects.
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: Three years performing secretarial or clerical work involving typing duties.
1. Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of the three (3) Howard County Health Department - Environmental Health programs
- Experience with customer service
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Demonstrated ability to accurately type on a keyboard of a personal computer at a minimum of forty words per minute may be required, depending on the specific requirements of the position.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.