|Department||MDH Local Health - Worcester County|
|Date Opened||5/2/2017 9:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||5/16/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$11.53 - $14.67/hour|
|HR Analyst||Carolyn Chase|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
Worcester County Health Department
Medical Assistance Transportation
6040 Public Landing Road
Snow Hill, MD 21863
Main Purpose of Job
The Medical Assistance (MA) Transportation Driver (Patient/Client Driver) provides transportation for the MA eligible patients to and from medical services. This may include aged, physically or mentally ill clients or developmentally disabled clients. The selected candidate must be able to work and travel to all sites of the Worcester County Health Department.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees must possess or obtain a Class C non-commercial driver’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which involve the operation of large passenger vehicles. Employees assigned these duties will be required to possess a driver’s license of the appropriate class valid in the State of Maryland.
3. Employees in this classification will be required to successfully complete and maintain current certification of cardiopulmonary resuscitation, violence management and basic first aid training.
1. Employees may be subject to call-in 24 hours a day and, therefore, may be required to provide the employer with a telephone number where they can be reached.
2. Some positions in this classification may be assigned duties which require the employee to operate a vehicle with a manual transmission.
3. Employees in this classification are subject to substance abuse testing in accordance with Code of Maryland Regulations 17.04.09, Testing for Illegal Use of Drugs.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date.
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program (the Program), have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online process is not available, please send your paper application to: DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689. Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply. As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.