HEALTH PLANNER II (Re-post)
|Department||MDH Local Health - St. Mary's County|
|Date Opened||6/14/2016 9:15:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||3/20/2017 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$41,358.00 - $53,431.00/year, with potential growth to $65,827.00|
|HR Analyst||Keenan Townes|
LOCATION OF POSITION
DHMH, St. Mary County Health Department, Leonardtown, MD
Main Purpose of Job
The main purpose of this position is to direct the health planning and implementation of evidence-based tobacco prevention and cessation efforts. This position will lead review and interpretation of local data and trends relevant to use of and exposure to tobacco products, to include e-cigarette devices; prepare recommendations for and allocate local, state, and other resources to support implementation of tobacco prevention and cessation initiatives. This position will also coordinate and provide guidance to partner organizations on health and planning matters related to tobacco control.
Education: Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Health Planning, Public Health, Health Science, Hospital Administration, or Health Care Administration.
Experience: one year experience in health planning.
1. Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for one year of experience.
2. Possession of a Doctorate degree from an accredited college or university in a field identified above may be substituted for three years of experience.
3. Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and one year professional experience in health planning may be substituted for the required specialized Bachelor’s degree.
4. Applicants may substitute experience in health or hospital administration for the required experience on a year for year basis, provided the applicant has at least one year of professional experience in health planning.
5. Health Planning experience obtained in a State Health Planning and Development Agency or in a Health System Agency as designated by Public Law 93-641 may be substituted at the rate of three months for four months of the required experience.
6. General Health Planning experience as required above is defined as experience obtained in a professional capacity in an operation established solely for the delivery/evaluation of health services (e.g. Hospitals, H.M.O.’s, Insurance Companies). Such experience must have been the primary purpose of the position during the time in question. Health Planning duties which are performed only incidentally are not considered as qualifying.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be evaluated. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must accompany the application. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year. Eligibility may be extended beyond one (1) year period.
Online applications are highly recommended, however the paper application may be submitted to DHMH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted.
If you need to submit additional information, the preferred method is to upload. If unable to upload, please fax requested information only to 410-333-5689.
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact the DHMH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251 or via email at email@example.com.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: (410) 767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
BARGAINING UNIT STATUS
The incumbent in this position is a member of a covered bargaining unit and will be required to pay a bi-weekly service fee to the exclusive representative of the bargaining unit.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.