ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER I
Tree Planting Specialist *REPOST*
|Department||DNR - Forest Service|
|Date Opened||5/11/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||2/21/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$40,166.00 - $64,782.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Courtney Blackistone|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Experience: Five years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from a college or university and one year of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours for each year of the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work that included regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting complex administrative plans, policies, rules or regulations or analysis of operational programs or procedures with recommendations for improvement on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience with working with forestry and/or urban forestry field work.
- Experience with working with nonprofits and local government and/or tree planting programs including managing volunteers
- Experience with databases and spreadsheets
- Knowledge of non-native invasive species and their control
- Skills in use of GIS systems
- Experience with outreach or marketing
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Contractual employees who work for an agency covered under the State Employee and Retiree Health and Welfare Benefits Program, have a current employment contract and work 30 or more hours a week (or on average 130 hours per month) may be eligible for subsidized health benefits coverage for themselves and their dependents. As a contractual employee, you will be responsible for paying 25% of the premiums for your medical and prescription coverage, including any eligible dependents you have enrolled. The State of Maryland will subsidize the remaining 75% of the cost for these benefits. You can also elect to enroll in dental coverage, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, and life insurance, but will be responsible to pay the full premium for these benefits.
Leave may be granted to a contractual employee who has worked 120 days in a 12 month period. This leave accrues at a rate of one hour for every 30 hours worked, not to exceed 40 hours per calendar year.
Click on the link below to apply:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|