FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER I
|Department||MDH Local Health - Wicomico County|
|Date Opened||9/16/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||9/30/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,873.00 - $40,505.00/year, with potential growth to $49,570.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Michelle Johnson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Education: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of a high school equivalency certificate.
Experience: One year of experience providing support services to children or adults through teaching and demonstrating practical living skills in order to promote and maintain independent living or assist in preserving the family structure.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above or experience in child or adult care giving, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute nine credit hours from an accredited college or university in a human service program or human development program such as child development, sociology, social work, psychology, counseling, nursing, criminology, juvenile justice, human growth and development, human services, or mental health for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Social Services classifications or Social Services specialty codes in the Social Science, Psychology, and Welfare field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees appointed to positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Some positions in this classification may be assigned duties that require the employees to acquire and maintain a license as a Certified Nursing Assistant or a Geriatric Nursing Assistant from the Maryland Board of Nursing at 4201 Patterson Avenue Baltimore, Maryland 21215. Information may be obtained at www.mbon.org/main.php. Obtaining this license within a specified time may be a condition of appointment or probation for these types of positions.
1. Employees in this classification who work with families with dependent children must successfully complete an approved entry-level training program before permanent appointment to positions.
2. Employees in this classification may be required to have access to and use their personal automobile in order to transport clients. Verification of appropriate vehicle insurance, which shall include coverage for transporting clients, must be provided to the department prior to performance of transport duties. Standard mileage allowance will be paid for the use of a privately owned vehicle.
Applicants who meet the minimum (and selective) qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application (and supplemental questionnaire) may be submitted to MDH, Recruitment and Selection Division, 201 W. Preston St., Room 114-B, Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
If additional information is required, the preferred method is to upload. If you are unable to upload, please fax the requested information to 410-333-5689. Only additional materials that are required will be accepted for this recruitment. All additional information must be received by the closing date and time.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the MDH Recruitment and Selection Division at 410-767-1251.
If you are having difficulty with your user account or have general questions about the online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850 or Application.Help@maryland.gov.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request by calling: 410-767-1251 or MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on the link below to apply:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|