PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR IV
Managing Director, Sales & Marketing
|Department||MLGCA Administration and Operations|
|Date Opened||10/16/2021 08:30:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||10/30/2021 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$91,195.00 - $146,573.00/year|
The Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency (MLGCA) serves as one of the largest revenue sources for the State of Maryland, supporting important state programs and services including education, public health and safety, human resources and the environment. In addition to generating revenue from the sale of lottery products and promotions, the MLGCA is also responsible for the oversight of the state’s casino gaming program, providing direction and guidance to its casino partners on financial, security, regulatory and licensing procedures for the facilities.Maryland Lottery & Gaming (ML&G) seeks a Managing Director, Sales and Marketing to lead the Sales, Marketing and Product Development teams, which consist of more than 70 employees who were instrumental in generating more than $2.6 billion in sales in Fiscal Year 2021. This position serves on the Executive staff and reports to the Director of Maryland Lottery & Gaming
LOCATION OF POSITION
Montgomery Park Business Center
1800 Washington Boulevard Ste. 330
Baltimore, Maryland 21230
Main Purpose of Job
This position serves on the Executive staff and includes planning, directing and managing all sales initiatives; marketing support; game development; creative services and advertising; promotional activity; and retailer recruitment strategies. This individual leads the Sales and Marketing teams consisting of more than 70 employees that generated over $2.6 billion in sales in FY21. The Managing Director manages departmental staffing; assigns and reviews the work of others; makes recommendations to the Director of the Maryland Lottery and Gaming Control Agency (MLGCA) regarding agency procedures; oversees Sales Division interaction with over 4,400 licensed retailers; directs all Marketing activities and works with vendors, as necessary. This position relates to the mission of the agency by maintaining the retailer network at an optimum level; preserving integrity at all times; and maximizing sales at each retailer location through utilization of POS, training, in-store promotions and periodic events.
- Plans, directs and administers all aspects of Lottery Sales and Marketing Progams.
- Establishes overall policies and procedures for the Lottery’s Sales and Marketing Programs, oversees their implementation, evaluates their effectiveness and approves major revisions.
- Establishes and monitors overall Lottery Sales and Marketing goals, standards and controls to meet objectives and oversee their achievement.
- Manages a large and diverse staff divided into three operating divisions (Sales, Creative Services and Product Development).
- Reviews and contributes to the development of agency policies, sales procedures, product development plans and retail distribution strategies.
- Monitors and approves financial resources for the Sales, Creative Services and Product Development divisions.
- Monitors the preparation of annual budgets for areas of responsibility.
- Plans, coordinates, supervises and evaluates the work of subordinate managers, handling employee concerns and problems, assigning work, counseling, and recommending disciplinary and other personnel actions.
- Develops, implements and manages short and long-range plans for the Lottery’s Sales and Marketing operations and resources.
- Directs the evaluation of emerging technologies (e.g. in-lane solutions) as a vehicle to pursue alternative business channels and acquire new retailer locations.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university in business, marketing, or a related field. MBA preferred.
Experience: Ten or more years of retail-based relevant work experience, preferably in sales, marketing or merchandising, for a Consumer Products company. Self-sufficient with standard PC software programs.
Excellent organization and communication skills required.
NOTE: Applicants may substitute additional experience as described above for the required college education on a year-for-year basis.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Ten or more years of retail-based relevant work experience in sales, marketing and/or merchandising.
- Prefer five to ten years of selling, merchandising and/or marketing Lottery products from concept to market.
- Self-sufficient with standard PC software programs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Have a plan for increasing Lottery Sales in Maryland
- Tell us about a marketing program you have managed from start to finish.
- Understand what emerging technologies should we pursue and what products best fit that new segment?
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator's license valid in the State of Maryland.
Applicants who meet the minimum qualifications will be included in further evaluation. The evaluation may be a rating of your application based on your education, training and experience as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. Clearly indicate your college degree and major on your application, if applicable. For education obtained outside the U.S., any job offer will be contingent on the candidate providing an evaluation for equivalency by a foreign credential evaluation service prior to starting employment (and may be requested prior to interview).
Complete applications must be submitted by the closing date. Information submitted after this date will not be added.
Incorrect application forms will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
Candidates may remain on the certified eligible list for a period of at least one year. The resulting certified eligible list for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies.
Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The assessment may consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience related to the requirements of the position. It is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all experience and education that is related to this position.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application. Online application process is STRONGLY preferred. If online access is not available, applicants may submit a paper application and direct any inquiries to: Tyrice Gorham
Maryland Lottery and Gaming Agency
Attn: Tyrice Gorham
1800 Washington Boulevard, Suite 330 Baltimore, MD 21230
Office: 410-230-8840 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org