PROCUREMENT OFFICER I
IT PROCUREMENT LIAISON
|Department||MSDE - Division of Business Services|
|Date Opened||1/9/2020 5:00:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/23/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$46,942.00 - $74,933.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Michael Deans|
The Maryland State Department of Education is dedicated to supporting a world-class educational system that prepares all students for college and career success in the 21st century. With excellent stewardship from our divisions, we oversee State and federal programs that support the needs of a diverse population – students, teachers, principals, and other educators throughout Maryland.
State Salary Grade 16
LOCATION OF POSITION
Nancy S. Grasmick Education Building
200 West Baltimore Street
Baltimore, Maryland 21201
Main Purpose of Job
This is a Skilled position responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and tracking procurement activities including commodities purchases, the negotiation and award of contracts, managing corporate credit card activities, serving as agency minority enterprise liaison and preparing all control agency reports.
Provides assistance for developing solicitations and advising staff in defining requirements of proposed procurements; advises Divisions regarding the appropriate methodology for procuring services, equipment and commodities; interprets laws, policies, and regulations affecting requisitions and purchase order processing; assists Division staff in developing Invitations For Bids (IFB) and specification documents that comply with State Laws and regulations; conducts pre-bid conferences with potential vendors; reviews specification for Request for Proposal, obtains control agency approval, solicits proposals, obtains all required approvals; negotiates and awards contracts; tracks and completes monthly and annual reports reflecting Division purchases and contracts; initiates required changes in FMIS/ADPICS (Financial Management System/Advanced Purchase Inventory Control System).
Education: A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in contract management or procurement involving duties such as : soliciting, evaluating, negotiating and awarding contracts and ensuring compliance with governmental procurement laws, regulations and conditions.
1. Candidates may substitute professional contract management experience or professional procurement experience, on a year-for-year basis, for the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute certification as a Certified Public Manager from the National Association of Purchasing Management; Certified Professional Contracts Manager from the National Contract Management Association; Certified Public Purchasing Officer or Certified Professional Public Buyer from the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (National Institute of Governmental Purchasing, Inc. or National Association of State Purchasing Officers) for the required education.
3. Candidates may substitute additional graduate education at an accredited college or university, at the rate of thirty credit hours for each year of the required experience.
4. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer in Contracting, Industrial Management or logistics specialist classifications or administrative support specialty codes in the procurement or financial management fields of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience and education.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preference will be given to applicants who possess the following preferred qualification(s). Include clear and specific information on your application regarding your qualifications.
1) Experience in IT Procurement
2) Experience with Maryland State procurement laws, regulations, policies and procedures
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
1. Employees in this classification may be assigned duties which require the operation of a motor vehicle. Employees assigned such duties will be required to possess a motor vehicle operator’s license valid in the State of Maryland.
2. Employees in this classification who have not done so already must obtain and possess certification as a Procurement Professional from the Maryland Department of General Services within one year of appointment.
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates will be ranked as Qualified, Better Qualified and Best Qualified and placed on the eligible (employment) list for at least one year.
To apply for this position online go to MSDE Jobs on JobAps (or complete an MSDE Application on www.marylandpublicschools.org). Online applications (and resumes) are the preferred method for receiving your application/attachments. Using this method will allow applicants to access their documents for future recruitments for which they apply and verify that the appropriate documents (resume-credentials) have been attached to the recruitment that requires them. Applicants must include their resume and provide sufficient information on the application to document that they satisfy the minimum qualifications for this recruitment. Please do not put "See Resume" in the job duties section of your application; your application will not be considered.
If you utilize fax or regular mail as the option to submit required attachments, you will need to resubmit these documents each time you apply for a new position that requires the attachments. Additionally, you must include the following information on each page of the attachment you submit in order to ensure that we append the attachments to the correct recruitment: First and Last Name, Recruitment Number, and the last 4 digits of your SS# and indicate application for Procurement Officer I, IT Procurement Officer I #077932 (JobAps #20-003002-0001). Mailing Address: Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Human Resources, 200 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201. Fax: 410-333-8950 – This fax number is for Department of Education recruitment actions only. If you have difficulty with your user account or have general questions about this online application system, please contact the MD Department of Budget and Management, Recruitment and Examination Division at 410-767-4850. For inquiries or an MSDE Application, contact 410-767-0019 or TTY/TDD 410-333-3045 or visit our website at http://www.marylandpublicschools.org/.
Appropriate accommodations for individuals with disabilities are available upon request.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity. People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply. We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.