|Department||DNR - Wildlife and Heritage Service|
|Date Opened||7/28/2020 10:20:00 AM|
|Filing Deadline||8/11/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,971.00 - $79,996.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Crystal Wilson|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Main Purpose of Job
Performs the following essential functions (not all inclusive):
• Formulates and prepares the Wildlife and Heritage Service’s annual budget, by analyzing current and past expenditures and revenues.
• Reviews and prepares budget projections for the Wildlife and Heritage Service to ensure the unit operates within the approved budget.
• Supervises and reviews the operations of fiscal staff to ensure that necessary work is produced both timely and accurately.
• Tracks and monitors fiscal operations of ten Wildlife and Heritage Service subprograms.
• Administers statewide budget adjustments and amendments.
• Assists in the administrative and fiscal monitoring of grants and agreements with other state and federal agencies.
• Reviews monthly financial reports by program and subprogram and prepares miscellaneous transactions to correct errors and misallocation of expenditures and revenues in FMIS.
• Supervises monthly reconciliation of statewide corporate card purchases to ensure employees adhere to State Corporate Card Policies and Procedures and state procurement regulations.
• Processes and reviews monthly bills and invoices for Wildlife and Heritage Service operations, adhering to state fiscal policies.
• Prepares federal grant applications for various wildlife grant to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
• Reviews monthly financial reports for proper billing for federal grants.
• Prepares and submits federal grant amendments as necessary.
• Coordinates the preparation of required interim and final reports for federal grants.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience using Maryland State R*STARS and ADPICS or other accounting or procurement systems.
Experience with grants management, including experience tracking eligible expenses and preparing reports.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
For education obtained outside the U.S., a copy of the equivalent American education as determined by a foreign credential evaluation service must be provided prior to hire.
The online application is STRONGLY preferred. If you are unable to apply online, you may submit a paper application and supplemental questionnaire to: Department of Natural Resources Human Resources 580 Taylor Avenue, C-3 Annapolis, MD 21401. The Human Resources unit is not responsible for applications sent to any other address.
Faxed or e-mailed applications will not be accepted. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of completing the application.
Inquiries regarding this recruitment can be directed to Crystal Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.
Bilingual and disabled applicants are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|