Entry Level Training Manager
|Department||DJS Departmental Support|
|Date Opened||1/13/2020 12:15:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/27/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$49,971.00 - $79,996.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Linda Padgett|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Department of Juvenile Services
Professional Training and Education Unit (PTEU)
6852 4th Street
Sykesville, MD 21784
Main Purpose of Job
1. Oversees the daily operations of the Entry Level Training Academy (ELT) as directed by the Maryland Correctional Training Commission’s (MCTC) regulations. This includes providing support to the ELT Deputy Director and in his stead performs the duties of the Deputy Director’s position.
2. Responsible for the management and oversight of the ELT Academy staff, students and adjunct instructors to include the planning and coordination of all ELT activities. This includes providing leadership to and supervision of professional and support staff involved in ELT activities to include mentoring, coaching and training, developing work plans and reviewing work for completion.
3. Ensures that Academy students successfully complete the ELT Academy as required by the Correctional Services Article 8-208, Annotated Code of Maryland and by regulations, COMAR Title 12, Subtitle 10, Chapter 1.
4. Oversees the coordination of the CPR/First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens training program.
Education: A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Experience: Four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
2. Additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university may be substituted at the rate of 30 semester credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required general experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
*Possession of a current Instructor Certification for MPCTC
*At least 2 years experience as an instructor training adults in an entry level training program/environment
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Online application process is strongly urged. However, if you are unable to apply on line you may mail a paper application to the address below or fax a paper application to the fax number below. If you choose to fax or use regular mail, you must include on each page of the attachment your First and Last Name, the Recruitment Number that is located at the top of the bulletin and the last 4 digits of your SS#. The paper application must be received by 5 pm, close of business, on the closing date for this recruitment, no postmarks will be accepted. Incorrect application forms will not be accepted:
Maryland Department of Juvenile Services
OHR-Recruitment & Examination Unit
217 E. Redwood Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Attn: Linda Padgett
Fax number 410-333-4188
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
The resulting Certified Eligible List for this recruitment may be used for similar positions in this or other State agencies
Should additional information regarding this recruitment be required, please contact DJS Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Include the Recruitment Title/Number that is located at the top of the bulletin.
Bilingual applicants are welcome to apply for all recruitments.
DJS values the experience gained by Veterans while serving our country. Veterans are welcome to apply for all current recruitments.
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.