ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST III
|Department||DPSCS OSEC Administrative Services|
|Date Opened||1/7/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/23/2020 11:59:00 PM|
|HR Analyst||Jacqueline Miller|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Two locations are being recruited for with this position:
6774-C Reisterstown Road
Baltimore, MD 21215
18411 Roxbury Road
Hagerstown, MD 21746
Main Purpose of Job
The position functions as an Administrative Specialist III for the DPSCS CCHU. The incumbent is responsible for completing a variety of duties in support of the mission for the Correctional Centralized Hiring Unit and the Human Resources Services Division of DPSCS. Duties may include fingerprinting applicants, processing applicants for Correctional positions, preparing forms for CCHU staff, scheduling and follow-up with applicants for various steps in the hiring process, scanning files, updating databases, etc.
1. Assist the Unit in the Tenprint Fingerprint process using the LiveScan Fingerprint machine
· Complete fingerprinting of applicants for positions within DPSCS and Contract Vendors
· Access Secure server to retrieve fingerprint results
· Possible Travel to various regions of the State in order to participate in Tenprint Fingerprint process
2. Prepare the Unit and assist in the process for applicant Intake appointments
· Prepare necessary forms for Intake appointments
· Schedule applicants and provide follow-up regarding appointments
· Assist in processing applicants during day of Intake appointments
Provide an overview of the background investigation process to applicants
Photocopy necessary documents
Prepare administrative and investigations files
Provide notices regarding missing documents
Photograph Tattoo/Body Art for submission to DPSCS Intel Unit
Assist with proctoring of Psychological Evaluation
3. Assist the Unit in tracking Vendor/Non-Mandated applicant training.
· Maintain Vendor/Contractor database
· Schedule applicants for the required Pre-Service training with MPCTC
· Follow-up with Vendor contacts regarding scheduling and completion of training
· Serve as liaison between CCHU, MPCTC and Vendor companies
4. Perform various tasks at the request of the Unit Director/Manager
· Assist HR staff in scheduling and follow-up regarding physical appointments
· Assist Polygraph Unit with scheduling and follow-up regarding Polygraph appointments
· Update and maintain Unit databases to include JobAps, Applicant Manager (Access) and Smartsheets programs.
· Assist HR staff and Psychologist with follow-up regarding psychological appointments
· Scanning background investigations and various documents
· Provide phone coverage for the Unit
· Assist in HR Regional Recruitment Events
Education: Completion of 60 credit hours at an accredited college or university.
Experience: Two years of experience in administrative or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute experience as defined above at the rate of one year experience for 30 credit hours of education for up to 60 credit hours of the required education.
2. Candidates may substitute a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university for the required education and experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer involving staff work requiring regular use of independent judgment and analysis in applying and interpreting rules and regulations in accordance with agency laws and policies on a year-for-year basis for the required education and experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Experience using the Livescan Fingerprint machine.
Experience with performing administrative duties to include: preparing Intake forms, scheduling applicant appointments, and maintaining Unit databases.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS AND CERTIFICATIONS
Please make sure that you provide sufficient information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date with the exception of a foreign degree evaluation (if applicable). Your application may be approved pending receipt of the evaluation. Successful candidates may be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
The examination will consist of a rating of your education, training, and experience as presented on your application and as they relate to the requirements of the position. Therefore, it is important that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Successful candidates will be ranked as Best Qualified, Better Qualified, or Qualified and placed on the employment (eligible) list for at least one year.
Please make sure that you provide complete and accurate information on your application to show that you meet the qualifications for this recruitment. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after the above closing date.
To submit your qualifying documents; the preferred method is to upload them using the "other" tab on the online application. However, if you’re unable to upload your documents, please fax requested information only to 410-585-0570 (providing a cover sheet with your contact information, recruitment name, recruitment number and the number of pages faxed). We will not consider information submitted after the closing date of this announcement.
Resumes will NOT be accepted in lieu of completing the online or paper application.
Online applications are STRONGLY recommended; if you do not have internet access, please mail your application by the closing date to:
HRSD-Recruitment & Examination
ATTN: Jacqueline Miller
300 East Joppa Road, Suite 1107
Towson, MD 21286
For more information, please call 410-339-3295
As an equal opportunity employer Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
TTY Users: call via Maryland Relay
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country, and encourage them to apply.