OFFICE SECRETARY III
|Department||DAT Real Property Valuation|
|Date Opened||1/14/2020 3:59:00 PM|
|Filing Deadline||1/28/2020 3:59:00 PM|
|Salary||$32,498.00 - $50,881.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Jennifer Arhin|
LOCATION OF POSITION
Provides secretarial support to the Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor of the county.
Acts as an intermediary for the Supervisor, maintaining frequent contact with the public, tax representatives and other officials.
Provides information to callers in regard to laws, rules, regulations, procedures, policy and operations of the Department.
Answer Taxpayer questions, on a daily basis, the Assessment appeals process to help property owners understand the office functions, the assessment cycle, appeals process (all levels), valuation, tax credits or any other pertinent information through phone calls, in person or on line.
Set up hearings, meetings, appointments, etc. as needed by the Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor.
Track and sort 1st level appeals and timeliness of appeals.
Prepares and send letters for untimely appeals and acknowledgement receipt of Petition for the Reviews Process.
Maintain and record PTAAB & MTC lists, schedules and decisions and forward to appropriate assessor staff.
Answers routine questions from the public with regard to exemption law and policy. Log, track, research and prepare decision letters.
Tracks and organizes personnel information, human resource forms, and mileage reports for the entire staff. Process all incoming mail and sort for distribution within the office
- Additional secretarial or clerical experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.
- Thirty credit hours with a major in secretarial science or office technology from an accredited college may be substituted at the rate of thirty credits for one year of experience for up to two years of the required experience.
- Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a non-commissioned officer in Administration classifications or Administrative, Clerical, or Office Services specialty codes in the Administrative Support field of work on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of policies and practices used in a local Assessments office.
- Clerical or technical experience in processing Assessments records and forms.
- Experience working with computers and different software including Microsoft Office and entering data into a data base system.
- Experience working with the public via telephone and in person.
LIMITATIONS ON SELECTION
Online applications are highly recommended. However, if you are unable to apply online, the paper application and supplemental questionnaire may be submitted to: Department of Assessments and Taxation, Human Resources Division, 300 W. Preston St., Room 511 Baltimore, MD 21201. Paper application materials must be received in our office by the closing date for the recruitment. No postmarks will be accepted.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact the Department of Assessments and Taxation, Human Resources Division at Application.Help@maryland.gov or 410-767-1140, MD TTY Relay Service 1-800-735-2258.
We thank our Veterans for their service to our country.
People with disabilities and bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply.
As an equal opportunity employer, Maryland is committed to recruitment, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State's diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|