PROGRAM MANAGER SENIOR III
Chief Information Officer
|Department||OPD General Administration|
|Date Opened||5/3/2019 11:59:00 AM|
|Salary||$80,568.00 - $129,354.00/year|
|HR Analyst||Janynee Covington|
The Office of the Public Defender is a statewide independent agency charged with providing superior legal representation to indigent defendants. The agency’s vision is Justice, Fairness and Dignity for All. Employees are committed to the core values of culture of excellence, client centered representation, tenacious advocacy, and are united in achieving the agency’s mission.
LOCATION OF POSITION
Primary Location of Position:
Anne Arundel County
Information Technology Division
989 Corporate Drive
Linthicum, Maryland 21090
Alternate Location of Position:
6 St. Paul Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Main Purpose of Job
The incumbent within this position reports to the Secretary and serves as the Chief Information Officer for the Office of the Public Defender (OPD). OPD is a statewide agency with a centralized Information Technology headquarters office located in Anne Arundel County and numerous field locations to include local OPD offices, courthouses, local detention centers and mental health hospitals.
The Information Technology Division provides department-wide technology planning, acquisition, policies, connectivity, and support for a broad portfolio of infrastructure and applications operating in an enterprise caliber environment.
Essential job functions the incumbent will perform include providing technical guidance to the Secretary and senior management within OPD, overseeing the information management, reporting, and analytics for OPD, providing project management oversight on a broad portfolio of projects, directing the department-wide information technology emergency management program, managing all information technology functions, and ensuring the department’s disaster recovery and information security programs meet agency needs.
As a member of OPD’s management team, the incumbent will actively participate in leadership activities, helping to develop plans that drive achievement of Agency goals and objectives. This includes engaging with OPD leaders on a recurring basis, representing the Agency to vendors and peer agencies, overseeing the management of the IT department’s response to high-severity technology events such as security incidents and major service interruptions, and ensuring that appropriate IT related communications are shared with the Agency.
· Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an information technology, business or management field. Note: Additional information technology experience will substitute on a year for year basis for the bachelor’s degree
· Ten years of information technology experience, six years of which were at a management or supervisory level that interacted with peer senior leaders. Note: A related Master’s degree will also substitute for one year of the general experience.
· Prior experience operating at a top-level IT role with overall responsibility for infrastructure, applications, and security disciplines.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Strong familiarity with managing a large-scale enterprise technology environment predominately based on Microsoft technologies and operating within a traditional data center environment.
- Strong familiarity with best practices and performance metrics pertaining to Help Desk operations and technology service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience with hiring, mentoring, and managing a large team of technical professionals.
- Demonstrated experience with enterprise level security controls and best practices. Familiarity with HIPAA or similar regulated security requirements would be considered a plus.
- Prior experience with managing a large-scale enterprise system(s) that supports multiple business processes (i.e. ERP, CRM, etc.). Experience with a legal case management system would be considered a plus.
- Strong familiarity with information management concepts as it pertains to data integrity, reporting, and analytics.
- Working knowledge of enterprise technology best practices pertaining to software development and project management.
This is a Management Service position that serves at the pleasure of the Appointing Authority.
It is essential that you provide complete and accurate information on your application. Please report all related education, experience, dates and hours of work. All information concerning your qualifications must be submitted by the closing date. We will not consider information submitted after this date. Applicants certified to list will receive eligibility for a period of one (1) year.
Online Applications Preferred. Please fax all paper applications and questionnaires to (410) 333-8134.
Inquiries regarding applications and submitting paper applications can be directed to: Office of the Public Defender, Human Resources Division, 6 Saint Paul Street, Suite 1304, Baltimore, MD 21202; or by calling (410) 767-8503, toll free: 877-430-5187; TTY users call Maryland Relay Service 800-735-2258. Please be sure to include your name, identification number (Easy ID#) and job announcement number on any documentation to ensure timely processing.
A paper copy of the MD State application form and questionnaire can be downloaded from the link below.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Maryland is committed to recruiting, retaining and promoting employees who are reflective of the State’s diversity.
Click on a link below to apply for this position:
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.|
|View and print the Supplemental Questionnaire.||This recruitment requires completion of a supplemental questionnaire. You may view and print the supplemental questionnaire here.|
|Apply via Paper Application.||You may also download and complete the Paper Application here.|